Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Turning Vampiric

I realize that when I decided to minor in Slavic, I was risking becoming a vampire freak. Okay. So I'll never be one of those people who waits for the new Twilight movie with bated breath. In fact, I hate Twilight.

Real vampires don't sparkle, darn it.

But I was prepared to start enjoying vampire lore. And, to some extent, I have. The classics, some of the off beat vampire stories, even the Watch Trilogy. That one gets stuck in my head. In Russian. Начной Дазор.

What I didn't anticipate was turning INTO a vampire. Granted, I haven't started sucking blood yet, but I am experiencing a severe aversion to sunlight. And daytime. And holy water. Just kidding on the holy water part.

What I'm saying is that I've gone ever so slightly nocturnal. For the past few weeks, I've been going to bed with the sunrise. Honestly, I don't mind it, but it isn't a functional schedule for a normal human being.

Then again, who ever said I was normal? Either way, the madness has to stop, before I decide to stake myself in the heart just to ensure that I'm asleep before 6 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment