It's three o'clock in the morning. Yesterday, I spent something like 12 hours cleaning my best friend's house. She's out of town, and in order to pay her back for relentless biology studying last semester, I told her I'd go clean for her while she, the husband, and my two favorite children in the world were in Iowa. Which I hate. Did I mention how much I hate Iowa? I can't compete with Iowa - there are GRANDPARENTS there. Thus, I hate it.
But I digress.
It's three o'clock in the morning. I spent all day today working on the TV cabinet that dad and I built last weekend. He brought it up this morning. We sanded. We nailed. We did some ikea hacking. And then the painting started. White paint. So much white paint.
I think the fumes are starting to get to me.
The paint is everywhere. It's on my elbows. It's in my hair. It's on my knees. It's even on my hands, and while this is bothering me greatly, I'm trying to be a good little girl and not go wash them. Yet. The paint is on my toes. It's probably on my clothes.
It's on my dog. But I put it there. See the above message about paint fumes affecting me.
In any case. I don't think I can live in this mess much longer. I don't even want to think about it. Instead, I want to think about happier things, such as:
- Warm, velvety, fuzzy Cooper Puppy ears. I love them. They have magical healing powers. And that spot between his eyes too. And his lips. I love his puppy lips.
- The fact that Kelly and the kids will be home the day after tomorrow. Of course, between the potty training and the teething, I may well want to send them back to Iowa in a week or two. But for now, I'm ready for them to get home and entertain me.
- The way my bed feels under my body.
- How good a shower would feel and smell with the Eucalyptus Spearmint soap I splurged on at Bath and Body works a few months ago.
- Anything except for the copious amount of crap that needs to be put away.
- Anything at all.
- Except maybe mold.
- Or clowns.
- Or spoiled milk.
- Or... Okay. fine. I'll go clean. Soon. Just after this nap.